# What is CircleCI
CircleCI is a hosted Continuous Integration service. You sign up for a CircleCI account, write your CI configuration in YAML, and CircleCI runs it on their infrastructure. There is also an option to run CircleCI jobs on-premise. Your CircleCI configuration has some jobs, which can be combined into workflows, and customized using the environment variables and contexts.
There are many CI services out there. CircleCI is one of our favorites because of the following features:
- Ease of getting up and running.
- A number of pre-made Docker images making writing your configuration easier.
- A large number of customization options including orbs and workflows.
# Commandeer GUI for CircleCI
Commandeer builds on top of CircleCI taking it on to another level. You'll be able to get up and running in no time with some convenient features of a desktop app:
- The ability to run your jobs locally from a GUI.
- Seeing the summarized results of your run.
- Customize your CircleCI settings.
- Ability to edit your CircleCI YAML configuration.
- Copying your CircleCI terminal commands.